Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Samantha's ringed flash cards


Samantha has a great strategy for learning vocabulary. She describes her process as follows:
  • On the front, or blank side of the card I put the word in Spanish just how it appears in my textbook. 
  • Then in the upper left corner I put that card's number.
  • In the lower left corner I put what set it is (A, B, C. And this is an organizational preference).
  • Turning the card over I then put the English meaning on the lined side as best centered as possible. 
  • Once I have completed all of my flashcards like this, I hole punch a hole in the lower right hand corner of all the cards. I put the hole in that corner because it is much easier to flip the cards from back to front this way and it helps me to study the cards better trying to learn the Spanish way.





What a great example! The ring keeps the cards from getting lost, and reviewing words in the same order helps with internalizing the vocabulary. Way to go, Samantha!

No comments:

Post a Comment